Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Stinky Disaster

The joys of being in the Nursery. Last Sunday we had to combine both the junior and senior nursery because a couple of the other leaders were gone. We were all sitting on the floor playing with the kids when all of a sudden I got a whiff of something stinky. I immediately said "I think someone is poopie." We could smell it near a group of kids that were near us. We proceeded to check all their diapers, but none of them were poopie. We thought maybe they had just farted. A few minutes later we smelled it again near the same kids and checked again but everyone was ok. It was time for cleaning up so we could have singing time. I stood up and looked across the room and saw the Stinky Disaster. A little girl who was in the far corner of the room was standing there with her hands covered with poo. She had reached her hands into her diaper. She also had poo on her dress, all along a plastic container that holds toys and on the wall. YIKES!! She was being so good and playing so quietly that noone thought she could be the one that was stinky. We quickly started cleaning her up and got the parents. I remember Cosette doing the same kind of thing to us when she was a baby. We went to get her out of the crib after a nap and she had smeared poo all over the wall.

4 comments:

  1. How wretched! I'm not loving being in Nursery, but I'm glad no one has smeared poop everywhere anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would enjoy this story Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,
    That must have been horrible. I remember when your poor little Tyler threw up when we were practicing for a primary program. These disasters are just waiting to happen with kids!
    Camille aka Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you just start blogging? I'm so glad. I hope you don't mind... I just added you on my list!
    You have the cutest kids!

    ReplyDelete